CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lost property

I had a major setback in life when I lost a lot of my personal property while living in White Oak,Silver Spring.At this time, I worked at Circuit City and was rooming with Charles Tita and his live in girlfriend from Kenya,Lydia Kitsitu.Lydia, was instrumental in the breaking up of the relationship between Margaret and Charles.When we decided to give up the apartment at sligo avenue, Lydia helped us to get the apartment at White Oak.We lived at White Oak for some time before Charles got a teaching job at Shaw University in Raleigh,North Carolina and left Lydia and I in the apartment.He came back for a lot of weekends,making the long drive down I85 and I95 towards Maryland.Lydia and Charles had a female child and I believe child support payment was the root course of their eventually splitting up.Lydia, wanted more money for child support, Charles claimed that the money he was providing her for child support was more than adequate.It got to the extend that Lydia decided to end the relationship with Charles and we had to give up the apartment.Charles had all of his belongings with him in North Carolina.I had all of mine park up and I was making arrangements for a new place of resident.I took some clothes with me and left them at Epie Mathius,s place,he was a friend of mine.I then arranged for transportation to go and get the rest of my belongings.When I got there, my room had been broken into and the rest of my belongings were gone.Lydia, had arrange with the guys that were helping her move to broke into my room and steal my belongings.Clothes that I had bought over the years were all gone.I had worked at Radio Shack and I was presently working for Circuit City.Electronic equipments that I had purchased over the years were all gone.Vcrs,Tv set,speakers,cd player,tape cassette deck,audio surround sound system,audio cassettes,cds,video cassette tapes, they were all gone.Over the years, I had also recorded movies,soccer events,football games,boxing events,basketball and significant happenings on video cassettes.Those were all stolen.School textbooks,shoes,bed,mattress etc etc.Everything was gone.I had to start life from scratch and it was very painful.I went to the police and filed a report.I was given a couple of options, the "better"one being for me to try and contact Lydia and somehow persuade her to return my properties.The police were asking me for serial numbers of the missing electronic items.That is the best way that the stolen items could be tracked.They also said that I could take her to court if she would not cooperate.Of course, she did not cooperate and I had to take her to court.My reason for taking her to court, was that even if I do not get a favorable judgement, I would drag her through the judiciary system and get her name on record of being accused of theft.A future judgement or accusation will not be treated lightly.A court date was set,she showed up for court,after spending money to hired an attorney.The case was dismissed for lack of evidence but we both knew what the facts were.This is one of the reasons that I started to dread the idea of living with roommates.It took me years and a lot of money to replace the missing items.A lot of them could not be replaced at all.

No comments: