CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Friday, May 23, 2008

Finishing College

I battled a lot in the US trying the achieve the one reason that brought me to the country in the first place.When I was in Secondary and High school back home, my dream was that I will finish my education with a PHD.Reality steps in though, when you actually start pursuing that dream.Life in a foreign country is first about survival and later on education.I know of quite a few people you did not just bother to get a college education once they arrived the US.Some of they are barely existing.A few had figured out that you do not need a PHD to become rich, or well to do as we all taught in our younger days.We read about a lot of CEO,s and they started out in their companies in junior positions and gradually climbed to the top of their organisations.Most of them are BA holders.Very few of them hold a PHD.I did a lot of reading in the US, especially during periods that I was not enrolled in school.In one of the books, the Arthur advised on how to achieve your dreams in life.If you dream was to be rich one day, the earlier you start generating some king of income the better.Spending all your life in school will not get you there any faster.This is one of the reasons that, after I graduated from Howard University, I decided that school was over for me.It took me five years to graduate from Howard instead of the customary four, because I was out of school for quite a lot of semesters due to financial reasons.By the time I graduated It was quite a relief.I still owed the school some money.I was to take care of that latter.To graduate from college you needed to have accumulated at least 120hours of college credit.That divides to about 30credit hours each year.Once you feel that you have enough credit hours, you go to the registration office and sit down with one of the consultants.They start going through your college credits.They go through your electives, put a check mark to indicate completion.Later on they get on your selected major.To graduate in your major, you have to also complete a certain number of courses in the selected subject.They make sure that all the requirements in your major had been met.You are then given a validations slip showing that you have completed the educational requirements to graduate.You get your picture taken, so that it will be posted with the rest of the members of your graduating class.A book is published with each graduating class and your photo size picture gets to appear on it.I was thus, a member of the Howard University School of Business, graduating class of June 1992.Due to financial constraints, I did not get to pick up my certificate until June of1994,that was when I completed paying all the fees and dues owed to Howard University.

No comments: