CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Thursday, August 20, 2009

हिव-टेस्ट रिजल्ट इस NEGATIVE

I woke up late today because I was up catching up on a Nollywood movie that had two parts to it. Either the movies are getting better or I am just getting used to them. The only complain that I have now about the movies is that they always have at least a part one and a part two on a movie that can be compressed into a single unit.I then decided to take a walk down towards Likomba round-about. For people that are not familiar with where the place is, it is at the intersection that takes people to Douala, Tiko,Limbe or Buea depending on your destination. I did stop by the computer cafe at long street and bought a ticket for 500 francs CFA which allows you to get about 2 and a half hour of internet time, good for a period of 8 days.Meaning if you do not use up the minutes before the eight days expire then you lose them. I used up about 2 minutes checking on a website and continued my journey towards the roundabout. Once I got there I saw a sign about a test going on for hypertension and diabetes for free and decided to take the test,afterall I had some free time on my hands. I went and stood on the line, got a ticket number 079 after showing them my ID card and answering a few personal questions, then I was pointed to another area in which the test was to take place.

Once I got to the test area, it turned out that there were testing for HIV aids. I have never done one before and I decided to go for it. What they did is they took blood samples using a needle and told me to show back in about half an hours time for the result.I then took a cab and headed to a place called Mutengene. I was just passing the time. I reached Mutengene, check on something and decided to make the returned trip on foot to get some exercise.I have been eating too much of late. Has to be the fact that the gastric pain that I occasionally suffer from has gotten better.
I made it back to the testing area and met some friends from the past that had also taken the test. I was not worried at all. I am usually careful once it gets to getting off my pants. So what they did is they call your number then send you to the back of a four wheel vechicle with a counselor in it.
The counselor then hands you your result and you open it and it says negative. They then explain in the message what I negative test result means. It means even if you have the disease it has not developed to the stage of showing up on the test. Or better yet, you do not have the disease at all which is good news.

No comments: