CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Saturday, August 29, 2009

अबिलिटी तो स्लीप फॉर एइघ्त एंड हाफ hour

It read an article today on USA today about the fact that we as individuals need about 8 and a half hour of sleep a day to function properly and it got me thinking about how much sleep I have been getting of late. Lately I have been sleeping in stretches of periods that I do not believe come close to the required 8 and half hour of sleeping. What usually happens is that at around 6pm I would fall asleep and be gone for about 3 hours. The sleep would totally then disappear from my eyes. I know right away from experience that there is no way that I am going to fall asleep again. What I then do is to head to where the television set is and start to flip through the channels. I would watch a few news items about world events, local news, local and international sporting news,some music and lastly a movie if I could catch a good one. Catching a good movie depends on the characters in the movies. I would be flipping through the channels and bingo I would see an actor that I recognize and know that they have made some good movies in the past and I would stick to that channel through the movie. There are no commercial breaks in the movie channels that I watch so the flow of the movie is uninterrupted. The time sorts of passes quickly when I am watching a movie and by the time that I looked at the clock if would be around 4.30 to 5.00am and I would be ready to go back to sleep. I then get about two to three hours of additional sleep and that would be it for the day. The routine continues the next day.

Solutions.
It the past what I used to do it go get some exercise. That helps a lot.I used to play soccer,jog or go to the gym and work myself out. What it did was it made me so tired that once I get home I just kind of crash out to sleep. I did try some sleeping aids in the past through the recommendations of a doctor. What happened though is that when you start taking the pills, they work very well in the beginning. After some time though you do get deep sleep but the period of rest starts to run short. Your body adjust to the amount of drugs that you take and starts to resist. The drug that I took was called Stresstabs and they are an over the counter medication.

The second approach is to take some alcohol.
Alcohol would help get you to sleep also and this is like the approach that a lot of people take to get to sleep. The approach is good for people that do not get sick. Personally there are periods during which I take alcohol and it does not seem to have any negative effect on me. But what I have realized is that over a period of continuous intake,I get sick. Some type of stomach complication arises and If I touch a drop of alcohol I would feel so much pain to the extend that I would not only not get any sleep at all, I would feel pain throughout the night. So that is why there are periods of time that I just flat out stay away from alcohol

Music
What I do sometime if I want to fall asleep is to put about three good musical cds in my mini-system and just lie in bed. The music would be playing and by the time that I realize I would be fast asleep.You have to select a cd though that has some continuous good tracks in them. You listen to one good track after another and by the time you realize,you would be fast asleep.

No comments: