CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Internet Connection

What to do with the internet connection.
Most of the cyber cafés are just having a lot of problems with their connection. I used to think that is was just certain areas that have problems but I would try in this article to share my experience with you on the internet connection in the nation. I have used the internet in the cities of Tiko, Douala, Buea, Limbe, Molyko and lastly at Mutengene.

The first place that I used the internet once I got into the country in the year 2005 was in long street Tiko. I went to the place to try and get some copies made on resumes that I planned on sending out to employers. The copying part of the transaction went very well. It was the internet that was moving very slowly to me at the time. I thought that it had to do with this particular location and left the place planning on testing different internet locations. The next area that I tested the internet connection was in an area in Mutengene and it work surprisingly well. At the time the internet places that I visited did not get as much traffic as they do now. I did talk to my uncle in Buea and he told me that the University campus in Buea does have internet connection and it was relatively inexpensive also. I believe you get two hours of internet connection for four hundred francs CFA. That is one hundred francs cheaper than in the rest of the other areas.

The University of Buea does have by far the best connection in all the places that I have visited. At the time that I started to go there, my visits were about two times a month. I mainly used the internet for reading news items.

Next stop was in Douala. In Douala there were so many internet cafes and you could make your choice of many. There was one that I used in an area called Bonaberi. When it was on, it worked very well despite the fact that there were many people using it at the time. Two other places that I used the internet in the Bonaberi area worked pretty well. There is a place just at the entrance of the ancient route and the connection there was pretty good. There was no interruption of the service also. The one at the end of the ancient route entrance was pretty good also. It was not as large as the first one but it worked pretty well. I did spend some time at Bonamoussadi and there the connections were very unsteady. A lot of interruptions. That was also the case in Akwa at an office that I worked at. You would be doing some work and the connection would just go off. Also there were some days that you did not get any connections at all.

Mutengene has a good connection on a place called Buea road. There are about three other places in the small town but the one on Buea road is the better one. There is connection in Molyko and Buea town .They work most of the time but there are also problems that might include interruption of electricity.

There has been talk of bringing better connection to the nation like the use of fiber optic cables instead of the phone line. The company in the country that deals with electricity had suggested that the future might include bringing the internet connection through the electrical lines. That might improve things a bit since there is electricity in a lot of areas.

There is also the question of how many people put the internet into use in the country. I believe that is one of the problems. A lot of individuals still do not use the internet and for the moment that might be the reason why investing a lot of money into it would not be such a great investment. The internet places are run by individuals with their own personal money and they have to make a profit before they could invest more money into getting a much faster connection for the customers.

No comments: