CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Processing my Winnings.

I got a notification from Microsoft Corporation that I have won a total of seven hundred and fifty thousand pounds last week and right now I am in the process of trying to claim the money. The letter came to my email box from a British Bank that has a branch in Scotland. The initial email that came to me requested some personal information like name, address, occupation, date of birth, country of birth and country of residence. It also required me to be very careful as to the keeping of the information that is being sent to me over the internet. I send the initial information and got a response right away from the contact person in the
Scottish bank. Since I live overseas, it was explained to me that the best way for me to get my money would be through an electronic money transfer. So that would require me to provide information from my bank. I went ahead and send that information, together with my contact information again that included a telephone number from which I could be reached. I went ahead and send that information and then I got a message that everything seems to be okay except that I have to send in some money for a processing fee: The processing fee was about close to 800 pounds. Where I come from that is not a little bit of money. It translates into about five hundred thousand francs in my currency. I do not have that type of money and I send an email that they should deduct the amount from my winnings. The last email had suggested that due to some legal issues, the bank does not operate in such a manner. That they can not deduct their fees from my winnings before sending me the rest of the money. I still went ahead and send a reply to the email explaining my situation. So right now I am waiting to hear from the bank as to their final decision. One thing is clear though. I do not have a processing fee of close to five hundred thousand in my currency to ship overseas. I have been using Microsoft software now for close to a little bit more that two decades. Since my days in college. So I am waiting to see how all to these would play out.
I seem to have come to a standstill hear and the reason is that the processing fee for me to collect my winnings to not something that I can afford right now. I have been corresponding with my contact person overseas and they wanted to know how much I could come up with so that they can put up the rest of the money. The problem is that I have been out of work for so long now that money is a real issue. That might be bound to change though because I just called on a job lead that is in need of an accountant and they said that I should come down to the office on Saturday or on Monday . What I would do is show up to the place on Monday and make sure that I get the job. The money itself is not going to be an issue. Because just to get back into the job market, I would be willing to take a very big pay cut. My feeling is that once I start working the job offers would flow in and hopefully I would not be having money issue problems anymore. Back to the Microsoft winning .There is a suggestion that I should let a charitable organization get the money if I can not collect it. What I am going right now is looking up some charitable organizations and attempt to contact them and see whether they could come up with the amount needed for the processing fee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you serious or just being sarcastic?? This is a clear case of 419 - "processing fee"? come on now massa, you can't fall for this crap!!