CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Keeping fit

Throughout my primary school years,that is between the ages of six to about twelve years of age I stayed fit by playing soccer just about everyday.That changed when I went to secondary school.The main aim then was to get a good secondary education and maintain my scholarship.Physical Education was included in the curriculum, but it was only for about once a week.
We did occasionally go out for pick up games, but that was also not on a consistent basis.It got worse when came holidays because guys in secondary schools did not find it fashionable to go play soccer it this point in their life.My holiday sporting activity consisted mainly of playing table tennis.Any out of shape person can do this.The same pattern continued when I went to high school.The concentration then was for me to obtain my advance level and head for the university.
So by the time I arrived the US, though I was not fat, I found out that things moved just I little bit faster for me.I was getting tired very easily.That is when I began to find out what it meant to be out of shape.During my stay in Clemson, I found out that there was nothing wrong with a grown man going out there and exercising.I started playing soccer.It was difficult at first but with time I began to develop stamina.When there were not enough people to play soccer, I started jogging using the track around the soccer field.Everybody was getting into shape, so why not join the revolution.With time i stopped being tired and started to keep pace with just about everybody.
When I left for Washington DC, I continued with the same routine.Working got into the way though, so I could not exercise as often as I would have loved to.I did at least for the next twenty or so years go out for some sort of exercise.Exercising does a lot of good for you.I found out that people taught I younger than I really was.I would say from about the age of 23yrs old when I started regular exercise I have never being hospitalized. I hardly get sick at all. At times when I feel I was getting weak or I feel a fever coming, I would just go out and work out and everything will be okay after that.
You do not have to play soccer.You can pick on any other sporting event.Playing basketball, playing volleyball,playing touch football,jogging etc etc.Any sporting event that you can do on a consistent basis will help greatly.I was provided with sick days at work that I never used.If I called in sick, everybody got worried because they knew I showed up for work all the time.Exercising also enable you to carry on many activities at the same time.I remember during my college years, I still had to put in forty hours of work all the time.Winter periods got I little bit tricky though because, in addition to it being a little too cold outdoors, the playing surfaces are mostly filled with snow.
This is true of the North East states in the US. Winter periods are the best time to use your gym membership.Membership fees in most gyms are not that expensive. You could get 19.99 dollars a month deals. I usually sign up for yearly membership and worked out during the winter.
Once spring comes around though, I prefer the outdoors.Today, I am 46years off age and I can walk for very long period of times, often covering great distances.This is thanks in no small part to the active lifestyle that I lived throughout my twenties,thirty,s and early forties.

No comments: