CBProads


Ads By CbproAds

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

प्लांटिंग थे Corn

Planting the Corn.We started the process of planting the corn,today the 24th of August 2011.It looks like the original information that I got about when corn is to be planted was wrong.I was told that the corn has to be on the ground by the 16th of August.But there was a lot of rain during this period.That was bad for the seedlings.I did about a third of the planting today and I will continue in the days to come.My plan is to get everything on the ground by the end of this month.
We had to go to the market to purchase some seedlings for the planting.It looks like the ones that were lying around in the house had gone bad.I paid one hundred and fifty francs CFA for the seedlings to continue the planting.
The seedlings that I purchased in town were planted on the twenty six of August 2011.So the area in front of the house is all taking care of.All I have to do is take care of the piece of land that is close to the stream.Everything should be done before the last day of the month of August.
Yesterday the 29th of August 2011 I put down 40 of the seedlings that I had bought from the market.This is after I saw a seedling that I had planted a couple of days before popping out of the drown.I had to go to Buea today August 30th to purchase some medications.Before I went though I put down another 40 seedlings on the ground.That would make it a total of eighty seedlings in a period of two days.I am hoping that the first of September would be the last day that I put anymore seedlings into the ground.
My plans to make the first of September the last day that I put any more seedlings into the ground did not work.The corn is beginning to shoot out of the ground.That is the good news.The bad news is that the rain is interfering quite a bit.Planting corn in August-September is quite different from planting in the early months of the year.During the early part of the year,you are praying for rain to fall,while at the later part of the year you are praying to get some sunshine.

No comments: